WHY CONTRIBUTE TO THIS SITE?
1. Your post will receive broad exposure, promoted to close to 20 thousands friends on WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ combined.
2. Highly responsive through comments on the site and the social networking pages, creating a rewarding experience all around.
3. Every post includes a bio with links back to your site. Contributors note that featuring their writing on this site increases traffic and subscribers to their blog.
4. As a contributor, you can update your bio at any time to promote products you may be launching.
- Include a quote at the top of your post, and keep your post between 300-1,500 words.
- Share a specific story from your life. This site is all about personal stories, as these are sometimes more powerful than advice. It’s not just about the lessons and insights; it’s also about how you came to learn them.
- Offer practical information that will help readers address similar challenges. It doesn’t need to be a list of tips, but the story needs to build to a message/lessons for readers.
- Choose a topic related to personal growth that isn’t gender-specific, and not related to parenting, religion, the law of attraction, productivity, blogging/running an online business, writing/publishing a book, coaching, being or becoming a psychiatrist or therapist, working as a motivational speaker, or money/entrepreneurship.
- Provide original, personal, and honest work. Original means your post has never before been published anywhere, including your own blog, and does not include any sections taken from a previously published post.
- Keep paragraphs to three sentences of fewer. Include a bio, sixty words or fewer, at the bottom of the post.
- Reserve self-promotion to your bio (as opposed to marketing a business, course, workshop, or service directly in the post). Please note that links in the body of the post may be removed.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR POST
Before you submit your post, please send a brief pitch, including the title, a summary of the personal story you’ll share, and the main lessons/takeaways for readers. You may want to do this before you begin writing so you can receive feedback that could help you strengthen the post.
Please use the contact form to send your pitch.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Once your pitch has been accepted:
- Send your post in plain text, not HTML, in Microsoft Word,
- Using this Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
You may be asked to revise to make your post stronger or clearer, and your proposed title may be changed before the post goes live.
Thank you for the light you share, and for being part of the my blogging community!